I'm a 29 year old doctoral student at FSU. I'm working on my
dissertation entitled the "effect of strength and balance training on
balance in persons with stage III Parkinson's." I will be training
with a group of 20 participants for 10 weeks. Would anyone be
interested to know about the benefits of exercise in the prevention of
falling and how exercise can affect activities of daily living in PD?

I'm very interested in the "blue glasses" idea. I wonder if wearing
them would improve a persons ability to be able to work out with
weights.

FSU is quickly turning into a center for PD and exercise research. We
are also doing research on PD and nutrition, how voice training can
affect gait, and PD, balance and reaction time following aerobic
training.

Mark ([log in to unmask])