Thanks for your excellent thoughts, Anne. I couldn't agree more. I have seen
the direct effects of non-activity vs. a simple walk daily and they're
astounding.  Solitary-ness produces an inward drawing effect which is
unhealthy for the body and mind.  At times, it is difficult for the PD
person to get out to group activities, but I know that when I took my mom
to water aerobics for seniors, she did well and enjoyed the socialization.
She is and was not an extrovert, so this is difficult for her,but I try to
nag her into going out as often as possible. In this case, the end usually
justifies the means. The adage applies to our entire beings: use it or lose
it.
Lynn Lowe