On 1/17, Fred Harris wrote:

>I am a new subscriber recently diagnosed with PD.  Shortly after informing my
>former employer that I suspected that I had Parkinson's Disease (subsequently
>confirmed by a neurologist) my responsibilities were abruptly changed and I
>have since been  terminated for reasons which are closely related to symptoms
>of PD.
>
>Thus I am seeking (at the suggestion of my attorney) information from any and
>all possible sources about Parkinson's related employment issues, the
>American's with Disabilities Act, and related legal action by individuals
>with PD against either current or former employers.   For example, leads to
>individuals or attorneys who are or have been associated with such cases
>would be particularly helpful.  As you know, the ADA is still relatively new,
>the administrative review of claims is backlogged, formal legal proceedings
>are often lengthy, and (as I understand it) case law per se requires
>appellate level review and decision before getting into standard legal
>research sources such as LEXUS.
>
>Again, any assistance that you may be able to provide will be greatly
>appreciated.

This is the second time i've heard of someone being fired because of PD; it
is frightening to me, a young onset PD'er.

Fred, please keep the group posted regarding your legal experiences (as
much as you can divulge). I'll let you know if I can help.

Sincerely,

jeffrey r. romanyshyn, m.a., [log in to unmask]

*film at 11!*

deep in the cave

we wander,

lost,