to: [log in to unmask]

Hello all,

my name is Mary Vanderkam, and for the last 2 weeks I have read all
kinds of fascinating messages and information from Parkinson-patients
and their families. It's heartwarming to watch this kind of interest
and response to a condition that still seems to baffle patients and
physicians alike. I have been fortunate to receive an introduction to
the exciting world of  Internet Communications from my son Robert
Vanderkam and after he went back home to Ottawa, from my husband Peter,
whom you have met.
My own plan is to organize the relevant messages, print and copy them
and bring some to the attention of the Parkinsons Support group here
in Thunder Bay (Ontario, Canada) on a steady basis. The interest is
here, the patients are here, but unfortunately there are no
Neurologists around for about 1500 KM! If we're lucky, we can make an
appointment with a visiting Neurologist, who travels from Boston once
every 3 or 4 months. For the rest of the time patients here have to
rely on their family Physicians.
I have been diagnosed with PD one-and-a-half years ago (by a
Neurologist in Toronto}, am now taking Sinemet and Deprenyl, and go
for physiotherapy twice a week with a small group of PD patients.
We all agree that regular exercise is very beneficial to our
condition. Are there any comments on that?
Please keep up the good work and TTYA.      Mary