It's good to know there is a discussion group like this to turn to.

I have a relative who's father was recently diagnosed with PD.
He has been an alcoholic for many years and is in his mid 50's.

My relative does not have access to e-mail and needed a few questions
answered:

1)  Does PD have a history of genetic inheritance?  If so, does it repeat or
skip generations?

2) Does alcohol consumption increase chances for PD?

3) What are the various treatments for PD?

I thank you in advance for the time you spend reading and/or replying to
this message.

                 Thomas M. McGrath
                Lieutenant, U.S. Navy
            Naval Postgraduate School