The man with  benign essential tremor (familial tremor) is 76 years old and
depressed and full of anxiety.  I would think  it a good idea to try a mild
tranquilizer first before saying he has PD as well.  Caution:    Older people
often respond badly to tranquilizers and antidepressants and can become even
more anxious and
"nervous" so have to be careful with these drugs.  Even the old bromide of
trying a course of Sinemet to rule out or in PD can backfire  in older
depressed people so one needs to cautiously and slowly introduce Sinemet over
a period of days.
    "They" say one needs three PD symptoms - for instance, tremor, rigidity
and slowness - to earn a diagnosis of PD.  I've seen depressed older persons
without PD look like that.
Barbara Yacos