You wrote:

>I am looking for support and information that might help me in dealing
with
>my aging father who lives with me.
>
>He has Essential Tremor, a neurological disorder very similar to PD.
His ET
>was diagnosed when he was 21 years old.  He is now 76.  In recent years
>physicians have concluded that he is also developing PD symptoms.
>
>In addition to the severely disabling physical characteristics of this
>lifelong condition, he also struggles with anxiety and depression.
>
>I have many questions.
>The first ones:  Am I in the right forum?  Does anyone know of a list
devoted
>only to ET?
>
>Val Mitchell

Val:  From what I know of "essential tremor" (is this the same as
"familial tremor"?), it can respond to Inderal, a beta-blocker.  If your
Dad is also exhibiting symptoms of true PD, I would think that the
ordinary treatment of same would be indicated.  I am curious as to what
other members of this List think, as well.

Best,

Bob

--

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.   Phone: 510-849-2555
Neurological Surgery              FAX:  510-849-2557

E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
CompuServe:  72303,3442
America Online:  BobFink          "Ex Tristitia Virtus"