>To: Anne Rutherford <[log in to unmask]>
>From: [log in to unmask] (Peter J. Kidd)
>Subject: Re:  neurosurgeons & pallidotomies in Canada
>
>Hello, Anne (Rutherford)..apologies for  unacknowledged messages.
>
>I've got some news and a few questions for you...
>
>Not official yet, but we have established a formal connection with the
Phase 2 transplant team.

>I think you have mentioned neurosurgeons working or planning to perform
pallidotomies in Canada...in Saskatoon, Calgary...where else? Have I got
that right? I know, of course, about the Toronto situation -- it is still
defintely research. Have you heard anything about whether the newly trained
neurosurgeons we keep hearing about are actually doing them yet, and whether
they are in private clinics or working through provincial medicare systems?

>There  is a catch 22 here in Nova Scotia -- as far as Nova Scotia medicare
is concerned pallidotmy doesn't exist because no one has billed to our
provincial medicare system for payment of a pallidotomy procedure.  I'm
trying to figure out how to be the first test case! If you, or anyone else
on the net, have any ideas or information, please let me know.

>Hope you are keeping well.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Moira

Peter J. Kidd