You wrote:

>For Bob FinkBob,
>You asked what our thoughts are on the subject of essential tremor and
PD.
>While I can't respond for any one else but myself, I think Parkinson's
>Disease is ---> OFTEN <--- mis-diagnosed as Essential Tremor.  It is a
sortof
>like saying: I don't know what in the hell you've got, but I don't want
>call it Parkinson's.
>Many years ago, I had two GPs and one Neuro tell me I had essential
tremor.
> It wasn't until sometime later that I learned enough to know better.
> I also am curious:  How many others have had this experience???
>VernD <[log in to unmask]>

Vern:  Interestingly, I had never before heard the term "Essential
Parkinson's".  I have heard (and seen cases) of "Familial Tremor" (the
syndrome which often responds to Inderal); but never "essential PD".
So, I am just as interested in other comments as you are.

Best,

Bob

--

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.   Phone: 510-849-2555
Neurological Surgery              FAX:  510-849-2557

E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
CompuServe:  72303,3442
America Online:  BobFink          "Ex Tristitia Virtus"