I don't know about the heredity factor, I'm real new at this, since last
Saturday. My father has just been diagnosed with PD. He's almost 84 and
the family is, of course, concerned so I got on the list. His mother, who
died in 1964 had a "palsy" with the termors of the arm and head. My dad
had quite a bad tremor in his right arm but it has been controlled to a
major extent by Artane 2mg (I think, 3 times a day). Both mother and son
with the "palsy" -- heredity or coincidence?

My mother is concerned with its progression but knows so little about it
she says, in frustration, "I don't even know what questions to ask." She
does wonder if excerise will help hold back some of the symptoms from
progressing as fast. Is there any information on this?

So the Biggs family is here, lurking in the background, learning, caring
and sharing what we can. My sister is in Social Services here in Michigan
so I may have more information about "local" support group meetings,
phone numbers and what not...

Thanks for being here,

Don Biggs <[log in to unmask]>