Hello, everyone; hope winter is treating you well. The groundhog
emerged here recently and froze to death, so we don't know what to
expect. Too bad, too, because we'd had a pretty easy winter up to that
point. O yes, too bad for the groundhog as well. Two brief updates on
the Canadian Caucus at CCCC:

1. You have one more chance to send me a brief description of an
innovative teaching/learning idea that you would like to present at
our Caucus session in Washington. If you get it to me by Monday, Feb. 13
I will forward the ones I have to INKSHED for publication in the next
issue. If you don't get anything to me, you may still be able to
present, time allowing, but we'll give priority to those who have
indicated their topic and desire to present. At the moment, I have heard
from Henry Hubert, Susan Drain, and someone else. Could Someone Else
remind me of what you want to present and forgive me for losing your
initial description? Thank you.

2. We will not be having a wine and cheese soiree at the Canadian
embassy due to severe apathy. My CASLL call for commitment (we needed
to provide the embassy with an approximate number of attendees) was
answered by a total of two people. Is that Canadian, or what, eh? But
don't feel bad. I understand Doug Vipond has agreed to host a beer and
pretzel soiree in his hotel room immediately following the Caucus. And
then, of course, 30 or 40 of us can stand around wondering where to go
for supper.

So, get a brief description of one of your good ideas to me asap, and
see you in Washington.

Anthony.