Susan, by looking at your list of activities, I don't think you need much
help -- you seem to have done it all -- almost!

Let me add a couple ideas.  In Saskatchewan, we have a number of
"community schools" -- I guess you might call them inner-city schools.
Some schools have been successful in attracting the reluctant parent by
inviting them to come with their pre-schoolers, and providing baby
sitting.  Others have set up a clothes exchange  ( with many teachers
donating their own children's clothes to the exchange without taking
anything in return.)  This has been highly successful in getting those
parents who are afraid of the school to start to come.

Also, you didn't mention "the mall."  Is it possible, to dream dreams, to
promote literacy in the mall by holding class in the mall for a 1/2 day.
(Saskatoon recently ran a kindergarten awareness week in a mall by
holding classes right in the mall.  Everyone was surprised at how much
the kids ignored the people walking by.)

/cheers/sam robinson