Phyllis: McGill doesn't actually have a graduate program in rhetoric or
composition. We have a new M.Ed. in Literacy Studies and we can offer
what's known as an ad hoc M.A. or Ph.D. in an education-related field
of inquiry, which means that composition/rhetoric qualifies (Graham
Smart is working on his Ph.D. here; it's a genre study). Other Ph.D.
students are studying the composing processes of Native poets, personal
journals written during the Holocaust, images of teachers in popular
culture, and a wide variety of other topics. Although we can stretch the
definition of "education-related" to cover quite a few areas of study,
we cannot offer anything that could be called a Ph.D. in rhetoric/comp.
Anthony