Hi Phyllis:

It is such a sad account--and also, of course, hilarious.  I particularly
enjoyed the punch line about your colleague from psychology: "Most of the
committee seemed impressed with her analysis and her proposed solution."  We
hear this "analysis" at York from time to time, but so far the relevant
committees and individuals here haven't been impressed enough to act on it.
I agree that if the test seems inevitable, you'd want to be involved in
designing and implementing it--otherwise your colleague from psychology will
implement one that screens out all the "dyslexics"--as broadly defined by
her.

James

--
James Brown