I think your vision and planning sounds great.  Some observations though.
I hope you have some mechanism in place to assist instructors as they
design and impliment WI courses.  Lots of instructors still think of
writing as only grammar and perform acts of punitive damage on students
texts.  The value of formative, in-process evaluation/commentary or of
accumulative assignments is not self-evident to people outside of our
field. Also some instructors will run into students with serious problems
in communication--problems that cannot really be handled by WI courses.
So a two-pronged support system needs to be in place--one to assist
instructors in developing assignments and evaluation technigues and
another to assist students with serious problems.  Otherwise your WI
courses will wither up and die as instructors and students experience
"overwhelmosis"  The later is particularly true for instructors.