    First a note to Phyllis--Keep up that "dogged persistence"!  Your
experience is all too familiar to most of us--infact your description
was marvelously funny; thanks for your humour.  We're with you!
Sounds like you already have good things going on at MUN.

    The administration at UNBSJ is revising its formula for what
constitutes a WI course. I need any help I can get from you out
                              hour WI courses in the first two years
                              courses in last two years of Univ.,
                              preferably in student's major
                             2)No competency tests; WI courses not
                               considered remedial
                             3)WI courses taught by profs in their
                               respective disciplines-- not by
                               composition faculty
    All advice, comments, ideas, experiences, etc. would be much
appreciated.

                        Thanks. Roberta Lee