---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 15:43:03 +1100
From:[log in to unmask]
To: Multiple recipients of list PERFORM <[log in to unmask]>

Please forward this notice

Australasian Drama Studies Association
CONFERENCE  95 - 6 to 10 JULY 1995

Department of Theatre Studies, University of New England
Armidale, New South Wales., Australia

PLAY  ...theatre into theory into theatre...

Call for Papers Presentations, Workshops, Performances, Panel Discussions

        *       Show off your favourite theoretical approach.
        *       Discuss your recent theatre practice.
        *       Analyse new / old theatre performance(s)

        What is theory contributing to practice?
        What is practice contributing to theory?
        How can the two be better linked?
        How can the two be better separated?

        Feminism
        Post-structuralism
        Semiotics
        The Act of Thinking
        Post-colonialism
        Queer theory
        Carnival
        Deconstruction
        Etc.
        Interculturalism
        Cross culturalism
        New Historicism
        Old Historicism
        Gender Studies
        Anti-theory
        Anti Practice
        Anti Theatre
        Performativity
        Psychoanalysis

        Twelfth Night: or Deadline for offers:  1 March 1995.
        Papers should generally be either 20 or 30 minutes long, workshops
        2 hours.
        Please forward a title and 200 word abstract by 31 March 1995,
        indicating preferred length.

        Contact:
        Adrian Kiernander
        Andrew McCue