this is a query to Matthew Beckwith:  As is obvious, most of us seek to
learn more about processes that interest and concern us ... the question is
relevant to accessing information available via internet.  Can your sources
for information be accessed electronically by us?  A medical dictionary or
encyclopedia?  Merck Index or other pharmaceutical resource that could be
consulted?
Does there exist a virtual library of medical books or papers exist?
something akin to this?
The information  age could include an evolution in education methodology.
Virtual books of all that is known ... sort of an encyclopedic dictionary
comprising evolving the most accurate and complete verbal description of
mankind's best perceptions on every subject.  The inclusion of charts,
graphs, pictures, videos, and links to etymology, history, and video taped
multimedia lectures and demonstrations et cetera making this available
electronically seems more prudent environmentally and economically than
putting it in many sorts of packages.  This may be my fantasy of the future
computer genius ... a database of all that is known in several giant hard
disks here on earth ... which is our species natural version of the
starship enterprise.

Ron  <[log in to unmask]> Ronald F. Vetter