I think your mother may want to consult another neurologist.  My mother has
had PD for roughly 17 years and has always received
care in the Twin Cities so I think I can help you out.  Our family has
encountered several neurologists in this area.  The Parkinson's Disease
Clinic based out of Methodist Hospital is without peer in the Twin Cities.
Drs. Silverstein and Zwiebel head the clinic and in my opinion are
exceptional neurologists.  The Parkinson's center in the hospital has a
well stocked video and print library.  Every member of the staff that we
have had contact with has been caring, considerate, and very competent.  In
addition, the Parkinson's Clinic and the MN chapter of the APDA co-sponsor
 conferences that are very informative.  The Clinic also provides an
exclusive link to the University of Minnesota's pallidotomy program
(of which my Mother is now a part.)  If you have any other questions
about resources in the Twin Cities let me know and I'll be glad to help
if I can.