Shawn,

My mother is in the testing process for a pallidotomy.  It is my
understanding that the pallidotomy is covered by Medicare.  Also, most major
insurance companies use Medicare as a benchmark so there is a very good
chance that the procedure would be covered if your father has private
insurance.

Keith