I'm trying to develop some new approaches to aid in encouraging the
US Congress to pass the Udall Bill.  For this I need some statistics
and maybe even some help if any of you are good with statistics.

I would like to develope the total number of people who have
Parkinsons right now, not just the 1 to 1.5 million estimated US
citizens diagnosised but also the ones who have it but because
their neurons have not dropped below the ~20% number they are not
exhibiting symptoms.   Obvious assumptioms would need to include:
     1) Average time period in years which someone has PD b4 symptoms
         appear
     2) The population of the US both total and per age group
     3) The probabality of a individual getting PD.  For example,if  US
          population = 250million and population over 55 = 80 million
          and 1 million people have PD, is the probability 1 in 250
          or 1 in 80 ?

Also I would like to determine what the probability of someone in
your immediate family getting PD in their lifetime is.  That would
include husband and wife, both their parents and all their siblings
and all their children. Some stats you would need would be
      1) Life expentancy per generation
      2) Average family size per generation

I realize many of these assumptioms will be only good (or maybe not
so good ) quesses.  I'd like to present the possibility of getting PD
to our legislators as a more real number which they can idenitify
with rather than the less than 1half of a percent figure that is
tossed about