Dave:  Just a few comments about generic sinemet. My wife started out on
branded sinemet in Dec 1993 when she was first diagnosed. The results were
excellent. To our best recollection teh first two prescriptions were branded
sinemet. Then the drugist started providing generic (which is all our
insurance will support) sinemet. We did not notice any difference in her
response to the medication.

We have learned since that generic drugs can vary from the branded drug by
as much as + or - 20%. This comes from an article the Autumn 1993
"Parkinson's Disease Foundation Newsletter". That is a swing of 40% is
possible from one manufacturer to another. However once a given generic is
prescribed it is important to  continue with that brand. Appearantly any
given drug manufacturer will produce to a consistant formula whether above
or below the branded product.

Regards,
Woody
[log in to unmask] (Woody Schneider)