My husband has difficulty with sleeping.  He is retired, so it's possible
to nap during the day.  He is very tired by 11pm, and usually sleeps
right away.  However, he might be up several times in the night.  If he
can't sleep, he will read or watch TV.  The result is that he will doze
off during the day, sometimes right after a meal, and sitting up in his
chair.  He insists that if he lies down, he will become stiff, and
thereby affect the rest of his day negatively.

As for constipation, we deal with this with a large glass of warm milk
with plenty of sugar and perhaps a little instant coffee or Ovaltine
before breakfast.  It seems to work like a charm, at least so far.
The milk comes around 6:30 am, and the first application of medication at
8:30.  By 7am his duty is usually done.  He breakfasts at 9am.  The rest
of his meals are not so regular, and usually small, but include plenty of
roughage.

Wish you well with these problems.

k.
Mrs. Karin M. Beros, MSO                        [log in to unmask]
International and Area Studies                  voice:  (510) 642-8542
Office of the Dean, 260 Stephens Hall           fax:    (510) 642-9466