Hello:
We are three PD patients living in Honolulu who have just gotten connected to
this network. Apart from our general interest in everything about PD we are
particularily interested in getting the Udall bill through Congress. We want
to contac the PD community in Hawaii to get folks to write their
Congressional delegation for support.  Our present mailing list has 300
names, but wethink theremay be ten times that number in Hawaii.  Any ideas on
how we can reach more people?

On a related matter, we are concerned  about the apparent reuctance of the
various national PD organizations to merge or at least cooperate more. We
note the great success of the Alzheimers community in gaining public awarenss
of that disease. At preset, we feel the PD patients are hampered by the lack
of co-ordination, duplication of effort, and dilution of our message. Those
of you who liove nearer to the headquarters of the national groups probably
have a better idea of the reasons for the lack of co-operation, but from our
perspective (the middle of the ocean?) we feel that a co-ordinated effort
would benefit all.

Comments or aadvice will be appreciated.
Christina Chun, Lou Ann Wooddell, Allen Trubitt