Subject: Introduction
To: Barbara Patterson and PARKINSN list
=46rom Marcel GUILLOT ([log in to unmask] or 100430,[log in to unmask])
Dear Barbara, dear friends

Introduce myself?
I am 52. PD was diagnosed some 9 years ago.

I am French also in English, my writing is bad, - my speaking worse -.

As former information scientist, I talk better computer basic language th=
an current english.
That's why after several attempts I managed the list in different ways.
I am working half/time as personal officer for rehabilitation of disabled=
 people:
of course, a result of my PD.

As volunteer, I have met a French group of Parkies: la F=E9d=E9ration  de=
s Groupements de
Parkinsoniens.

I was one of the FGP delegate to the European Parkinson's Disease Associa=
tion Conference
in Glasgow, Sept 94.

Topics?

As a new subscriber, the one of my country, except some possible counceal=
ed, alll the
messages seem relevant to me.

But the topic "exercice", actually hardly and frequently discussed, seems=
 me very "vital"

Let me tell to Anne Rutherford a recent experience: two weeks ago, I was =
"up to my neck in
snow", not in Newfoundland but in Haute Savoie, between Geneva and Chamon=
ix Mont Blanc.

We were nine people, 5 PD , 2 relatives, 1 mountain professionnal, and 1 =
massage prof.
and we lived a week of dream with walking in snow, excellent "balance tra=
ining", without any
danger.

Such holidays have a therapeutic effect amplified by friendship and group=
 stimulation, as
Anne wrote.
(Janine, French-American, will prepare a memo more detailed about our hol=
idays and I shall
send it to you.)

Now, another dream; I dream that our French group invites a delegation fr=
om PD of Toronto
next winter here in France for such holidays.
If this could work, we would accept a return invitation!

One problem only: help to pay the planes fares.

Waiting for the plane, I open each morning my letter-box 7 hours before t=
hat it was full with
the daily digest.

See You to-morrow.=