Dear Barbara:

My husband has long had this symptom, several years before he began
taking Sinemet CR, as a matter of fact.  Now that his Sinemet is being
reduced and Permax increased, he suffers it less frequently.  He takes
both Sinemet CR (1.5 5/250 pills daily) and regular Sinemet (1 25/100,
split in two and taken at two different times.  But the RLS has been
there for at least eight years or more, and seems to be a symptom of
overdose.  Perhaps your observation linking Sinemet CR with RLS has more
to do with some portion of the day when tissues are saturated with
medication rather than the controlled release aspect.  I also think it's
related to the on-off syndrome, but these matters are so subtle that they
defy any true categorization, at least for us.

k.

Mrs. Karin M. Beros, MSO                        [log in to unmask]
International and Area Studies                  voice:  (510) 642-8542
Office of the Dean, 260 Stephens Hall           fax:    (510) 642-9466