In article  Valerie Mitchell <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>My dad (who has ET and PD) tried Prozac in addition to his propanylol and
>sinemet.  He insisted that the Prozac made him weaker.  He refused to
>continue taking it after 5 days.  He didn't look weaker to me, but I wasn't
>able to persaude him to try it any longer.

>It was disappointing.  We'd had high hopes.

I know....I have an opinionated parent also.  It takes 2 weeks of taking
Prozac to realize therapeutic value.  The weakness is a side effect of the
Propanalol and not the Prozac.  The CR propranalol can overdose and under dose
during certain times of the day and cause afternoon exhaustion if taken in the
morning.  Forty mg. tablets taken morning, noon and night eliminated my
exhaustion.

>What recommendations do any of you have for a medication that might help him
>with his anxiety and depression?

>He's 76.
>Valium makes him fall down.
>Doxapin is suspected to have contributed to his prostate problems.
>Right now he's not taking any kind of anti-depressant.

Depending on what the prostate problems are, there are medications that will
coexist with propranalol.

John Cottingham           [log in to unmask]
               Located in Sunny Oklahoma City, Okla.USA