I have just finished reading the article and I am concerned about it.

The article brings up several success stories.  After reading the
postings here and SOME of the articles on PALLIDOTOMY in literature it
appears:

   The statistics are based on "responders".  People who die or are
      severely disabled do not respond to phone calls.

   There is a VERY large commitment (elective brain surgery not covered
      by insurance).  This would tend to have subject expect good results.

   There is a commitment by Dr's to expect an improvement.

   There is no DOUBLE BLIND statisticals.

   The analysis techniques have not been peer reviewed.  (other pollsters).

   The subjects are similar in background (same language as interviewer,
     have enough $ to get surgery, have access to surgery,  educated
     enough to id potential treatment,  agressive enough OR passive w/
     agressive caregiver to seek out treatment.

    Etc.  Etc.

Folks, please be careful with this after reading such a positive article.

COLMAN MULLIN

Wendy, Nancy, Debbie or Colman Mullin