[snip]

> Date:    Sat, 25 Feb 1995 23:14:32 -0500
> From:    [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Pallidotomy
>
>  I thought the Wall Street Journal did a good job.  I wasn't happy with Dr.
> RatFink's comment re the "testimonials."  I know some of the patients and

I just finished reading Bob Fink's comments on pallidotomy and thought to
myself "gee, what a nice informative balanced posting".  And then followed
Barbara Yacos' really nasty comments and personal attack.

I dont have PD -- Im lucky.  I read this list because a friend has PD.
I'm just a lurker, however I have been struck by what a nice group this is
and that it passes information, hopes, fears, and observations back and
forth among a range of people from patients to physicians to interested
friends.  It's a valuable mix.  I believe Bob Fink was doing what good
clinicians and scientists do: being skeptical.

In the end, all the stuff here is just opinion and each of us can take it
or leave it.  The flame was unwarranted and the personal attack
unconscionable.

Robert Carpenter, Associate Professor    email: [log in to unmask]
Dept. Speech and Hearing Sciences
Eagleson 104, JG-15                        fax: 206-543-1093
University of Washington