Since there seems to be a great deal of interest in the status
of the Udall bill (myself included), I called Sen. Hatfield's
office recently to see what's going on.  The staffer I talked
with said the Senator still very definitely plans to reintroduce
the bill during this session of Congress, but there is no date
set for the reintroduction.

I got the impression that since other priorities are driving
Congress right now (i.e., the "Contract With America"), bills
such as this one will have to wait until those matters are
disposed of.

Anyhow, he invited me to keep calling to monitor the status of
the bill, which I shall do, and pass along anything of substance.

At a support group meeting I attended in January, it was suggested
that those of us local to DC might personally lobby for the bill's
passage, which I am willing to do, but don't know how to go about
it.  Any ideas?

Margaret Monty                         [log in to unmask]