to: [log in to unmask]

P> From: "Victor K. Heyman" <[log in to unmask]>
P> Subject:      Free Radical Scavengers

P> Living close to NIH, I volunteered for a study and appeared to have but
P> accepted (paperwork in the mill.)  The study is 22 months and involves a
P> Smith Kline drug which is supposed to be a free radical scavenger  --
P> free radicals being brain cell destroyers, I am told.  The study involves
P> weekly blood tests and 2-3 spinal taps.  It will be the usual double
P> blind test so half the participants will be on placebos.

P> Question:  is it sensible for me to be participating in such a test?  How
P> much is known about PD and free radicals?

Hi Victor,

Allow me to throw in my two cents...

I've never heard about a connection between PD and free radicals.
I've read that free radicals are being looked at as a possible cause
of aging, and I guess that could relate to PD, but perhaps you should
ask about that first of all. Is this an aging test or a pd test?  (I
don't see anything in your description of the experiment that links
it to PD, so I'm not sure if you checked that.)

I also read that the medical establishment still doesn't have hard
data regarding the benefits of anti-free radical-therapy.

Regards,
Rob Vanderkam,
(sending mail via Peter Vanderkam's address)

c/o  Netmail 1:229/510 (Online Now)
     E-mail: [log in to unmask]