The message I've been seeing here is EXERCISE!  This helps with BALANCE!

Based on what I was reading here, I've been helping my mother with
exercise, first with a stationary bicycle and now with a UN-motorized
treadmill.  She went from being barely able to walk to the kitchen and
bathroom to very active.  Un-fortunatly if she stops exercise for even a
few days the deterioration is rapid.  The four week program I helped with
took her back to transcontinental flying (seeing grandchildren, etc.) and
able to run her business.

The listserve (instructions came when you signed on) can give you the
dialog.  She says that this network has been a lifesaver.

Wendy, Nancy, Debbie or Colman Mullin