Hello!
        It's been awhile since I posted here on the Parkinson's list;
however, I do read the messages and articles with interest. Now, I have more
reason to be on the list; as some of you know, my 69-year-old father was
diagnosed with PD 11 years ago. My older brother's wife told me on the phone
last night that *her* father has just been diagnosed with it; he's in the
very early stages of it. One of my husband's brothers knows what PD is
about, too, as his father-in-law is in the latter stages of PD. So, you see,
it's all around me.
        I just wanted to tell all of you how much I appreciate this list. It
makes those of us facing this horrible disease realize that we aren't alone.
Since I'm the only one with internet access at this time, I'll be forwarding
copies of Parkinson list messages to family members.
        Could I ask a favor? Could someone please repost the letter from a
Parkinson patient? It's perfect for those of us in this position. Since I
run digest format to read messages, I'd greatly appreciate it if you would
email a copy to me as well as the list. Thank you!

Tamara D. H. Syron
% Tamara D. Hicks Syron, Publications              %
% National Center for Research on Teacher Learning %
% College of Education, Michigan State University  %
% East Lansing/Email Address: [log in to unmask]      %

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
**Eleanor Roosevelt**
Wagner has lovely moments but awful quarters of an hour.
**Gioacchino Rossini**