Hi All
If those radicals are causing trouble when they are free  let's lock them
away.

I think Vitamin E is able to dispose of  free radicals and for that
reason it was included in DATATOP, a multi centre parkinson research
study in the late 1980s. One of the questions addressed in the DATATOP
research was   "does anything slow the progression of early  Parkinsons"
. The effectiveness of Eldepryl  was looked at and  also the
effectiveness of Vitamin E.

My memory of the results may not be exact. I hope someone will correct me
if I am wrong.  Eldepryl came through as a "Yes it does have some effect
on delaying disability."  Vitamin E was "We didn't see any really
positive effects but maybe we weren't looking in the  right places.

I remember that there was some controversy over these results, too.
Controversy is not entirely negative, it can spark new ideas and new methods.

I too would like to know about anti-oxidants such as Vit-C and Vit-E and
others   also natural and other  sources, quantities and 'pros and cons'

 Anne Rutherford
Another foot of snow is falling in Newfoundland