I'm new to the list, so here is my intro....

My Grandfather had Parkinson's, and having known him when he was "well" and
watching him go through the whole thing was really an experience. He died two
years ago this April, due to complications from Parkinson's. I've only just
begun to be able to (barely) deal with my feelings, and I've begun writing a
story about what I remember of him, good and bad times.  I work on it a little
at a time.

It's pretty hard to even write the above, but I really want to learn more about
what kind of research is being done and the types of experiences people have
with treatment and doctors. I've always been very concerned with how sick
people are treated, and I also hope that learning more about the disease in a
clinical manner will be a therapeutic experience.

Thank you for reading, and for sharing your knowledge.

-Christina