Browsing through back issues of the JOHNS HOPKINS MEDICAL LETTER, I came
across a short article on RLS entitled "Quieting Restless Legs" (October
1994 vol 6 # 8).  After observing that 15% of people over the age of 50
have restless leg syndrome the article goes on to describe symptoms and
episodes of discomfort of RLS. It talks briefly about the low level
dopamine cause of RLS and how some patients cope.  The article concludes
with the well-known conclusion that "further research is needed... ." And
says, "If you live in the greater Baltimore area and woud like to
investigate the possibility of participating" in a Johns Hopkins Sleep
Center study, "call the Sleep Center at 410-5550-0571."

The very last sentence of the article reads: "For more information about
restless legs, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Restless Leg
Foundation, P.O. Box 314-JH, 514 Daniels Street, Raleigh, North Carolina
27605."  Though the above information is somewhat dated, I hope it is of
some value.

          |  Sid Roberts              [log in to unmask]    |
          |  Youngstown State         History Department     |
          |  University               Youngstown, OH 44555   |