Like Dave Hutchinson, I have a parent with advancing Parkinson's.
The WSJ article promises great hope to those who are no longer
getting relief from medication.  I much need to hear discussion
from medical people about the pros and cons of pursuing the
pallidotomy.  What sort of self-assessment, for example, might
help decide whether one is a good candidate?  What are the
procedures queuing up for the wait?  What sorts of politics are
involved in being chosen? What does the operation cost?

Dave, can you give the web addresses for the Iacono and Laitinen
articles of Jan 92 and Oct 94?

Susan Romano