I am 60 years old and a Stage I PD diagosed last fall.  I'm taking
nothing at present.

Living close to NIH, I volunteered for a study and appeared to have but
accepted (paperwork in the mill.)  The study is 22 months and involves a
Smith Kline drug which is supposed to be a free radical scavenger  --
free radicals being brain cell destroyers, I am told.  The study involves
weekly blood tests and 2-3 spinal taps.  It will be the usual double
blind test so half the participants will be on placebos.

Question:  is it sensible for me to be participating in such a test?  How
much is known about PD and free radicals?

Victor K Heyman
Heyman Mailing Service
5609 Fishers Lane #3B
Rockville, MD 20852