Thanks to everyone who helped me save face.  The committee was also taken
aback by the one page at Concordia.  Anyway, in case you might be interested
in the outcome: we agreed to let students use 1 print dictionary (student can
choose whether unilingual or bilingual) and 1 print thesaurus.  It was
decided not to allow electronic word checkers or dictionaries just in case
some have the capabilities of being used as a mini-word processor and have
ready-made texts to use as fillers in a student's writing.  But I and others
feel that we need to do away with our test in favour of WAC courses.  Stay
tuned for future developments...  Once again, thanks to everyone who
contributed to my education.
Normand Fortin