Hi Jannie (and Doug and whoever else finds this of interest),

This is not about courses per se, but following up on it might lead
you to the e-courses you were interested in.   Because I am not
sure I understand all this stuff, I am going to quote it directly
from the Writer's Digest magazine April 95 p. 10 (from a Letter to
the Editor by Stephan Spencer of Madison, Wisconsin:

"There's a free online database of published writers, available on
the Internet for publishers, agents and other writers.  The
database can be accessed via the World Wide Web at the

URL http://www.binc.net/writers/.

[I think the period is part of the sentence not part of the
address??????]

(To learn more about "Web" get the World Wide Web FAQ, an
electronic document available by e?mail from mailserver

tmf.mit.edu.

[Again, I think the period is part of the sentence not part of the
address.  I'm more confident of this than the http thing!!!]

Include "send usenet/news.answers/www/faq/*" in the body of the
message.)  To add your database entry via e?mail, send a message to
[log in to unmask] requesting an entry form."

On page 60 is a sidebar called "This Month on eWorld" which states:
"The editors of Writer's Digest host an online writers' conference
each Tuesday night in the Writer's Digest Forum on eWorld.  Topics
for the month of April are:

April 4   How to Write Book Synopses
April 11  Writing and Understanding Poetry
April 18  Legal issues
April 25  Literary Agents

Conference topics are subject to change.  To get eWorld and the
Writer's Digest Forum, call 800/775?4556."

Seems to me I read somewhere that there is a cost involved for
joining this eWorld group/conference/thing.  Perhaps the above
blurb is information and advertisement combined.  The email address
of the Letters to the Editor column is [log in to unmask] so
that leads me to believe there's a financial connection of some
sort.

Some day when I finish my marking and finish my work for Inkshed 12
etc. etc. etc., I intend to look into the web and other electronic
excitements.   I hope this has been of some use to you and I hope
I typed it accurately.  Let me know if there's a problem, and let
me know if you get a lead (from here or some other source) that
helps you fulfill your plans.

Best wishes,

Pat