On Mar 28,  3:28pm, Sadowy, Pat wrote:
> Subject: Web FAQ and eWorld Info
> Hi Jannie (and Doug and whoever else finds this of interest),
>
> This is not about courses per se, but following up on it might lead
> you to the e-courses you were interested in.   Because I am not
> sure I understand all this stuff, I am going to quote it directly
> from the Writer's Digest magazine April 95 p. 10 (from a Letter to
> the Editor by Stephan Spencer of Madison, Wisconsin:
>
> "There's a free online database of published writers, available on
> the Internet for publishers, agents and other writers.  The
> database can be accessed via the World Wide Web at the
>
> URL http://www.binc.net/writers/.
>
> [I think the period is part of the sentence not part of the
> address

--that's right--there is no period at the end of the address.
btw, the address starts with "http.....m-l

(stuff removed)

> On page 60 is a sidebar called "This Month on eWorld" which states:
> "The editors of Writer's Digest host an online writers' conference
> each Tuesday night in the Writer's Digest Forum on eWorld.  Topics
> for the month of April are:
>
> April 4   How to Write Book Synopses
> April 11  Writing and Understanding Poetry
> April 18  Legal issues
> April 25  Literary Agents
>
> Conference topics are subject to change.  To get eWorld and the
> Writer's Digest Forum, call 800/775?4556."
>
> Seems to me I read somewhere that there is a cost involved for
> joining this eWorld group/conference/thing.  Perhaps the above
> blurb is information and advertisement combined.  The email address
> of the Letters to the Editor column is [log in to unmask] so
> that leads me to believe there's a financial connection of some
> sort.

eworld is a conference sponsored by Macintosh...there is a cost.  I have a
brochure at home which tells you how you can get 10 hours free.  If anyone is
interested email me ([log in to unmask]) and i'll send you the info.

as well, a good magazine for on-line stuff (including the ones you pay for:
eworld, Prodigy, compuserve, etc. + "free" Internet stuff) is _Netguide_
available at bookstores stocking computer mags.  They have a section each
month called "cyberguide" which looks at resources, including educational
stuff...
there's also  new (large) books, _Education on the Interent_ and _The World
Wide Web Unleased_....but f course, the best stuff on the Internet is **on**
the Internet.  regards, mary-louise

(stuff excerpted from Pat's message)....