I am probably late responding to this, and I have absolutely no research
for this question, only a reaction. and my reaction is "Why not?"  As
writers we have access to these tools so why shouldn't students. And who
ever heard of an advanced math test in which students didn't have access
to calculators??

CAthy Schryer