My last "testing" message got through so this one should also.  This is an
URGENT appeal for information.  Laurentian students are allowed to use a
unilingual dictionary only during the writing competency testing.  What is
allowed at other universities where there is WCT.  We are debating whether we
should allow students to use as many "tools" as wanted (electronic
dictionaries, grammar books, bilingual dictionaries, etc.)  I was asked by
our Senate Committee on WAC to get this information before the next meeting
-- MONDAY!  But, once again, I procrastinated...  Can anyone help me?  Can
EVERYONE help me save face at the meeting?  Thanks for your cooperation and
quick responses.    The eternal procrastinator....
Normand Fortin

  N. Fortin                                     Laurentian University
  [log in to unmask]                   Sudbury, Ontario