On Fri, 3 Mar 1995 09:02:16 -0500, Normand Fortin wrote:

   Students writing our "Use of Englsih" exam are allowed to use any
dictionary.  In fact, I bring a Concise Oxford and a Webster's along to the
exam for students to consult if they wish. (I'd bring various bilingual
ones along too if I had them.  But the students who would use them always
bring their own anyway.)  We wouldn't have a problem with students bringing
along any other resources; however, no one has made that request in 20
years of testing.  Grammar books, for instance, simply wouldn't help much
in an exam which consists of two writing samples.
   Hope this helps, and good luck.  Kenna Manos