Thanks to all who responded to my query as to whether anyone knew of any
evidence of there ever having been a piece called "Everyman in Hell."
The experts say, no.

Of course it's not unusual for a playwright to make things up, and it
seems that's what Peter Barnes did this time.  But it would be even more
normal for Barnes to have run across an obscure reference and built a
"bit" around it - he's an addicted researcher and adores bits of
historical trivia.

It's really of no importance to my thesis whether there was an
"Everyman in Hell" or not, but I wanted to satisfy the curiosity.

If anyone is interested, the reference appears in Peter Barnes,
_Leonardo's Last Supper_.  And no, I don't think the part about
Leonardo's resurrection actually happened. :)

Liorah Golomb