I think I remember cross-posting something about DScriptorium a long tme
ago, when it was a new FTP site, so I am passing along this 'upgrade.'

A.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 09:53:00 -0700
From: Jesse Hurlbut <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PERFORM <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: DScriptorium Update

Some of you have wondered what ever happened to DScriptorium.  Here
is a brand new announcement (you heard it on PERFORM first!):

Formerly an FTP site, DScriptorium is now a World Wide Web site.
Point your Web Browser to the following address:

http://acs1.byu.edu/~hurlbutj/dscriptorium/dscriptorium.html

DScriptorium is devoted to collecting, storing and distributing
digital images of Medieval manuscripts

All materials contained in DScriptorium may be freely distributed for
the personal use of students, scholars and the public.  Any commercial
use or publication of them is strictly prohibited.  Images may not be
resold or redistributed for compensation of any kind.

So far the collection includes miniatures from the unique manuscript
of the Mystere dou Jour dou Jugement (from the Bibliotheque
Municipale de Besancon--71 of the 89 miniatures scanned in so far), a
Book of Hours from Spalding University and various manuscripts
(mostly Books of Hours) from the Special Collections Library at the
University of Kentucky.  The collection will continue to grow, so
keep an eye on the "What's new" file for updates.

Send all questions or comments to: