On Friday, March 3rd, Ken Bernstein wrote:

>Thanks to the cooperation of the Department of Neurology, and specially to
>Dr. Anne Young (Chief of Neurology) there soon will be a WWW site devoted
>exclusively for the purpose of providing information about PD.

Ken...

Great! I have been working on getting a WWW site here in Halifax for the
Nova Scotia Division of the Parkinson Foundation of Canada. My plan is to
establish a site on our local freenet -- the Chebucto FreeNet. It will be a
basic "Home Page" since I do not have all of the hardware (scanner, etc.)
needed to to allow allow full development. But it will serve to house local
chapter and support group information for Nova Scotia, something about the
Nova Scotia Division and links or info on Parkinson's. I plan a link to the
Parkinson material located at the National Captial FreeNet in Ottawa.

So...your prposed WWW site is really exciting. I shall be happy to help out.
I have learned a fair bit about html and would be willing to do some for
you. I have been doing test pages using two html software pieces -- one for
MS Word (Windows) which is great for doing text and file imports and another
called HTML Assistant which has allowed me to add bells and whistles like icons.

If I recall rightly, some time ago on the Parkinson [Disease] Information
Exchange Network  Simon Coles (I think) from England asked it people would
be interested in writing WWW pages. At that time, I was quite unfamiliar
with html, but willing. I have't seen him on the Parkinson list recently.

I think that your site would be a good place to locate some "focussed" and
significant information that is coming through Barbara's Parkinson mailing
list. The quality of some of the contributions from the patient
understanding is both valid and often insightful.

Ken, you may recall we met briefly at the Parkinson Workshop two years ago
held here in Halifax.

I am looking forward to helping out and I am sure there will be others as well.

Regards,

Peter

Peter J. Kidd
Learning Materials Consulting Services
Phone & Fax: (902) 443-4262
Email: [log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]