ogna University in Italy. While I was here in Boston at the Massachusetts
General Hospital I found this network and I would appreciate your help for
my father. He is 77 and he has PD since 1980. He has tremors, rigidity, with
some trouble in equilibrium in walking or stand and he has some trouble in
speaking. Despite medical treatment (as usual for this terrible disease)
his symptoms were worsened in the last year, even if he has few hours during
the day (usually in the morning) when almost all the symptoms disappeare and
he is able to to everything (he is a painter and he is still able to draw
amazing paintings!!!). I think he is quite far from death (he had only a
small MI 5 years ago) and I would like to ask you if he would be a
candidate for pallidotomy. Even a little improving in his symptoms would
be great for him and for all of my family, but I don't want to give him
a false hope. Do you think that It would be whorthy to bring him here
in the States from Italy for an evaluation? Thank you everybody.