  Hello, I am one of the MGH neurosurgery residents (5th year of 7).
I read Dr. Ugolini's posting to the PD list with great interest and
have some information that I hope will be useful.

   G. Rees Cosgrove, M.D., FRCS (C), a neurosurgeon at Massachusetts General
Hospital, has been performing pallidotomies with great success for several
years now.  He went to Sweden and learned the procedure from Dr. Laitinen
and Dr. Laitinen came here several years ago and participated in our first
cases. Dr. Cosgrove can arrange evaluation by the Neuromedical Department's
Movement Disorder Unit in conjunction with tentatively scheduling a possible
surgical procedure.  This may help make a trip back to your Boston home from
Italy more efficient.

   Dr. Cosgrove can be reached by phone at (617) 724-0357 or by facsimile
at (617) 726-7546.  His address is ACC-3, Massachusetts General Hospital,
Boston, Massachusetts 02114 USA. [He doesn't check his email so don't
contact him that way.]

   Good-luck to you and your father.

   Stephen Tatter, M.D., Ph.D.
   Resident in Neurosurgery