This is my first message to the list.  I've been lurking since the middle
of January.  I joined to be able to share your letters with my mother.
She is 82 and has been diagnosed with PD for about 7 to 8 years, though
she now recognizes that she had symptoms before that.  She is on Sinemet,
the pink pill, at about 4 1/2 hour intervals.  She must take the quick
acting yellow pill (Sinemet) when she first awakens in the morning.  If
she goes past the 4 1/2 mark, she quickly loses the movement she does
have.  She now walks with much difficulty with the lighest walker, has
occasional falls.  Her speech is much affected, though her mind is as
active as ever.  She is greatly interested in your letters and asked me
to ask the list, "What is after Sinemet?"  She has RLS and has great
difficulty at night because she cannot easily get up from her bed, can
often fall off the edge to the floor, on be found in the morning hanging
on because she couldn't make it completely off.  Needless to say, she has
difficulty exercising the RLS away in the middle of the night.  Can
anyone tell her of further medication if and when the Sinemet is no
longer effective, or only for short periods?